DCCA News Release: “WAIPAHU 3” Team WINS 2022 HAWAII LIFESMARTS Point out Competitiveness
Posted on Feb 14, 2022 in Hottest Division News, Newsroom
HONOLULU – The Department of Commerce and Buyer Affairs (DCCA) Office of the Securities Commissioner and Insurance Division announces that a group from Waipahu Large Faculty won the Hawaii LifeSmarts Virtual Condition Competitors held on February 12.
The game-clearly show fashion opposition tests students on their information of particular finance, health and fitness and protection, the atmosphere, know-how, and consumer rights and obligations through an personal check, “speed smarts” action, and game-demonstrate design and style buzzer rounds.
Teams very first participated in an on the web opposition, with the major 4 scoring teams earning an invitation to contend in past Saturday’s condition opposition. The yearly function, commonly held in-human being, was conducted nearly for the first time because of to ongoing COVID-19 protection issues.
As the 2022 condition champions, the staff from Waipahu will have the possibility to symbolize Hawaii at the National LifeSmarts Competitors in Washington, D.C. from April 21 – 24, 2022. Associates of the staff are: Ross Cadelina (team captain), Estefany Bayudan, Isabella Delos Santos, and Keziah Ancheta. The workforce was coached by Cindy Takara.
“Hawaii LifeSmarts strives to offer an educational expertise for our pupils in a way that is partaking and related,” reported DCCA Director Catherine Awakuni Colón. “We hope that this foundation of shopper expertise will assist them thrive and be ‘life smart’ as they are faced with problems in the authentic environment. Congratulations to “Waipahu 3” and good luck at the Countrywide Competitiveness!”
“We are excited for “Waipahu 3” to represent Hawaii at the Countrywide Opposition,” mentioned Securities Commissioner Ty Nohara. “We’d like to thank all of the members, our staff, volunteers, and community companions for their contributions in direction of this worthwhile youth software.”
LifeSmarts is a absolutely free academic application that prepares learners to enter the authentic earth as clever people by teaching them the abilities needed to be successful in today’s world market. It is a software of the Countrywide Consumers League that is regionally run and sponsored by the DCCA Business office of the Securities Commissioner and Insurance policies Division, in partnership with the Hawaii Credit history Union League.
Community Supporters of the 2022 Hawaii Condition Levels of competition include things like:
- Aloha Pacific Federal Credit rating Union
- Improved Business enterprise Bureau Terrific West + Pacific
- Massive Island Federal Credit score Union
- Cisco Techniques
- Coastal Design Business Inc.
- Division of the Attorney Basic, Criminal offense Prevention and Justice Guidance Division, Local community and Crime Prevention Branch
- Farmers Hawaii
- Hawaii Neighborhood Federal Credit score Union
- Hawaii Credit rating Union League
- Hawaii Dental Support
- Hawaii Government Staff Association (HGEA), Regional 152
- Hawaii Facts Company
- Hawaii Condition Federal Credit score Union
- HawaiiUSA Federal Credit Union Foundation
- HMSA Workers Federal Credit rating Union
- Honolulu Hearth Office Federal Credit score Union
- Island Strength Expert services
- Kualoa Ranch Hawaii
- Pasha Team and Pasha Hawaii
- Pearl Hawaii Federal Credit Union
- Schofield Federal Credit Union
- College of Hawaii at Manoa Shidler Higher education of Business Pacific Asian Center for Entrepreneurship (Speed)
Check out www.LifeSmartsHawaii.com for a lot more details and to enjoy a recording of the Award Ceremony.
# # #
Media Make contact with:
Section of Commerce and Buyer Affairs
Electronic mail: [email protected]
Mobile phone: (808) 586-7582